In an effort to provide affordable lodging options, NATA has negotiated and contracted with hotels to provide discounted rates to NATA attendees. Rates range from the $140s – $170s.
Important Message Regarding Housing Scams!
Housing for the NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo is handled exclusively by Global Reservations, Inc. (GRI). Phone, fax or email communications from any other company or organization, offering cut-rate housing for the NATA convention or stating that they are a viable alternative to going through NATA’s official housing bureau, are not affiliated with NATA or the convention in any manner. While it is not illegal for a travel firm or booking agent to solicit potential customers, it can be difficult to determine the legitimacy of offers from these organizations. Those who opt for alternatives to the NATA negotiated rates may find themselves at risk. Other groups report that after paying these types of companies, no room was reserved and their credit card was fraudulently charged.
For these reasons, and to support our efforts to give you a quality event, we highly recommend that you do not make any reservations through any unknown housing or travel company. Again, NATA has no affiliation with any of these room brokers. Global Reservations Inc. (GRI) is the ONLY official housing contractor for NATA. They will never call to solicit your business.
Please report any unauthorized housing solicitations to NATA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Should I Use GRI?
NATA strongly recommends booking your room through GRI. In addition to securing NATA’s low rates, here’s how using GRI is a benefit and safeguard to you.
- Because you can “book it & forget it.” GRI will do all the work for you. If you have any questions or problems onsite, GRI is there to help.
- When oversold, a property will relocate attendees who booked directly with the hotel before attendees who made their reservations through GRI at an official NATA hotel.
- In the unlikely event an attendee who made their reservation through GRI is relocated by the hotel on-site, GRI works behind the scenes to ensure your guest rights are protected.
Here’s how NATA benefits when attendees use GRI
- We have contracted hotel rooms at discounted rates on your behalf. If our contracted housing obligations are not met, we pay substantial penalty fees to the hotels.
- We receive a complimentary room for every 40 hotel rooms booked. This allows us to house speakers, staff and key volunteers and keep convention costs down.
- We are able to monitor attendance through our housing block. This enables us to plan, be better prepared and submit accurate event counts, all of which helps with cost-containment.
- NATA’s business value to a city is measured by a ratio between the total number of sleeping rooms booked inside our housing block and the amount of convention center space required. By booking inside the block you can help maintain our strong business value, which is crucial to our negotiations with cities and cost-containment efforts.