Important information – see below
To provide affordable lodging options, NATA has negotiated and contracted with hotels to offer discounted hotel rates to NATA attendees. Resort fees are mandatory in Las Vegas and we have negotiated a discount on resort fees too! To secure NATA’s discounted rates and resort fees, you must book your reservation through NATA’s official housing bureau, Global Reservations, Inc. (GRI).
NATA Discount on Mandatory Resort Fees:
|$37/day + tax
$15/day + tax*
|$35/day + tax
$15/day + tax*
|$35/day + tax
$15/day + tax*
Resort fees include property-wide high-speed internet access (public spaces and in-room), unlimited local and toll free calls, airline boarding pass printing and fitness center access (for guests 18+ years old).
* To receive the resort fee discount you must book your room through Global Reservations, Inc. (GRI).
More Reasons Why You Should Stay at NATA’s Official Hotels
If discounted hotel rates and resort fees are not reason enough to stay at one of NATA’s official hotels, then maybe one of these reasons will convince you.
- Sitting on 120-acres, Mandalay Bay/Delano is one of the largest hotels in the world. By staying on-site your commute to the Mandalay Bay Convention Center will be shorter and easier compared to staying off-site. Plus, networking with fellow attendees – old friends and new acquaintances alike – will be enhanced by staying, learning and networking under one roof! If you choose to stay at one of our MGM sister hotels, Luxor or Excalibur, you’re within walking distance inside a climate controlled walkway or a quick tram ride away from Mandalay Bay/Delano.
- Mandalay Bay/Delano features 25+ restaurants, bars, cafes and more including House of Blues, Mandalay Bay Events Center, Shark Reef and the world famous 11-acre aquatic playground, Mandalay Bay Beach. The Beach features 2,700 tons of real sand, a 1.6 million-gallon wave pool, a lazy river, beachside restaurants and shopping, multiple large pools and cabanas galore! Mandalay Bay is also home to Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil, a heartfelt tribute to the work, innovative spirit and legacy of Michael Jackson.
- The Las Vegas “Strip” is a 4.2 mile stretch of Las Vegas Boulevard. Mandalay Bay/Delano, Luxor and Excalibur are located at the South End of the Las Vegas Strip. The density of the strip makes distances very deceiving. Traffic is heavy and crossing major intersections at street level and via sky-walks can take quite a bit of time. What may seem to be a short distance from another property on the Strip may take more time to travel than you think.
- Mandalay Bay/Delano, Luxor and Excalibur are adjacent to McCarran International Airport. Shuttle and taxi service from/to the airport are less expensive. For those driving, self-parking is $15/day at Mandalay Bay/Delano and $10/day at Luxor and Excalibur.
We admit it: Las Vegas was made for grown-ups. However, the Mandalay Bay Resort is rated as one of the top kid-friendly hotels in Las Vegas. If your trip to the convention is a family affair, Mandalay Bay is the place to stay!
Warning – Housing Scams
NATA has received several reports that wholesalers have been contacting some attendees and exhibitors offering great deals on hotels for large conventions in Las Vegas. While it is not illegal for a travel firm or booking agent to solicit potential customers, it can be difficult to determine the legitimacy of offers from these organizations. Those who opt for alternatives to the NATA negotiated rates may find themselves at risk. There have been reports from other groups and individuals that after paying these types of companies, no room was reserved and their credit card was fraudulently charged.
For these reasons, and to support our efforts to give you a quality event, we highly recommend that you do not make any reservations through any unknown housing or travel company. NATA reminds its attendees that we have no affiliation with any of these room brokers.
Global Reservations Inc. (GRI) is the only official hotel contractor for NATA. They will never call or email to solicit your business.
Please report any unauthorized housing solicitations to NATA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Reasons Why You Should Book Through GRI
How GRI is a benefit and safeguard to NATA attendees:
- You can “book it & forget it.” GRI will do all the work for you. If you have any questions or problems on-site, GRI is there to help.
- When oversold, a property will relocate attendees who booked directly with the hotel before attendees who made their reservations through GRI at an official NATA hotel.
- In the unlikely event an attendee who made their reservation through GRI is relocated by the hotel on-site, GRI works behind the scenes to ensure your guest rights are protected.
Here’s how NATA benefits when attendees use GRI
- We have contracted hotel rooms at discounted rates on your behalf. If our contracted housing obligations are not met, we pay a penalty fee to the hotels.
- We receive a complimentary room for every 40 hotel rooms booked plus a hotel paid rebate. This allows us to house speakers, staff and key volunteers and keeps convention costs down for attendees.
- We are able to monitor attendance through our housing block. This enables us to plan, be better prepared and submit accurate event counts, all of which helps with cost-containment.
- NATA’s business value to a city is measured by a ratio between the total number of sleeping rooms booked inside our housing block and the amount of convention center space required. By booking inside the block you can help maintain our strong business value, which is crucial to our negotiations with cities and cost-containment efforts, which benefits attendees.